Ready to join our family? We have a few positions open at the distillery! Check out the positions available below.
The Distillery Operator position is responsible for duties related to distilling as well as general labor work throughout the facility, including but not limited to:
- Distillate production process, from grain selection all the way to the barrel
- Grain – Receive grain shipments of corn, rye, barley; ensuring proper quality prior to acceptance
- Milling – ensuring proper grind size and quantity for each grain type and recipe
- Mashing – operate the cooker to produce a consistent, quality mash
- Distilling – operate column still, pot still, and vodka still
- Blending – precise calculation, measurement, and process control in spirit blending
- Proofing – precise calculation, measurement, and process control for bottling and barreling
- Record keeping – maintain precise paper and digital production logs of every process operation
- Cleaning and sanitizing – all equipment and production work spaces
- General Plant Maintenance in conjunction with maintenance manager
- Lab equipment use and maintenance
- Handle raw ingredients inventories, schedule deliveries, and forecast production needs
- Comfortable with professionally interacting with public and private guests
Competencies needed / desired
- forklift operation, general plant maintenance, and cleaning.
- Manufacturing and/or industry experience preferred.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Applicant must be able to lift up-to 50 lb. on a consistent basis and stand for extended periods
- Applicant must be able to discern colors, navigate stairs, and must have full manual dexterity
- Work from heights and in confined spaces, with variable temperatures up to 100F+
- A full background check and drug screening may be required
- Ability to work multiple shifts as needed for production scheduling, to include second shift as well as some weekends
Part Time Weekend Tour Guide Job Description
Jeptha Creed’s tour guides will make every guest wanting more Jeptha, and departing the distillery as a new member of the Jeptha Creed family. Tour guides lead a fun, accurate and educational tour! Our tours are full of Kentucky’s rich bourbon history, our distilling process and the provenance of our product. Guides will make sure all guest have a memorable engaging experience with extraordinary with our outstanding customer service. They will boost visitors experience at the gift shop and bar!
Guides will partner with other tour guides, distillers, and gift shop associates to form an irresistible winning team. Successful applicants must be able to lift and carry 50 pounds, have strong communication skills; ability to handle multiple tasks at one time and ability and willingness to work. This is a part time position with an average of 10-20+ hours per week. Customer service/retail and or tourism experience is a must.
Essential Functions of the position
· The perfect Host for any customer experiences
· Preforms astounding tours of the distillery (approximate group size of 15-25)
· Accomplishes opening/closing duties
· Engages guest by discussing the history of the Bourbon/spirit making process
· Directs tastings by educating guests about Jeptha’s spirits portfolio
· Handle sales transactions and check-out through the cash register system.
· Ensure store shelves are constantly stocked.
· Answer questions from our guests with fact-based information*
· Communicates clearly and effectively to all staff and guest
Desired Skills and Experience
· Confident, outgoing and engaging personality, articulate and charismatic
· Desire to learn about and have a passion for the bourbon industry
· Knowledge of craft spirits, cocktails, wine and beer a plus
· Socially at ease with big groups of people
· Appealing public speaking abilities
· Team player and gets along with co-workers
· Previous retail experience a plus
· Good communication skills, especially verbal
· Prior tour guide experience
· KNOWLEDGE AND PASSION OF THE SPIRIT INDUSTRY
· Over 21 years of age.
· Weekend and holiday work
· Extended time standing or walking
· Able to work in outdoor weather conditions
· Able to lift up to 50 pounds
· Continuously engage and communicate with customers regarding product and brand · Positively represent the brand · Generate excitement, brand awareness and increase product sales through engagement and promotions · Assist in the training and supervision of the Visitor Center staff · Assist with success of daily business plan and routine. Including opening/closing duties, daily operations, Communication of current sales and promotions and policies · Conduct guided tours of the Distillery with future clients · Keep an immaculate organized and detailed event calendar · Schedule and Coordinate Visitor Center Events · Manage events website. Promptly answer all emails, phone calls, and walk-in customers regarding event questions and inquires. Plan and execute events with great attention to detail, communicate with management team effectively to create a successful event and good brand image · Ensure the completion of event contracts, and ensure event contracts are continually parallel with business demands · Travel to offsite events, set up booths/tables and conduct tastings · Inventory Event products · Schedule, Plan, and execute events set up and take down
· Must be 21 years of age or older · Must be able to regularly work weekends, night events and holidays · Must be able to speak in public and stand for long periods of time · Ability to multi-task and prioritize well; outstanding organizational and time management skills · Ability to work well with others and be a team player · Flexibility, patience and open-mindedness are key · Must have excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills in order to effectively communicate with fellow employees and guests · Enthusiastic, energetic, and willing to pitch in and help wherever most needed · Must be prepared to travel, drive, and engage in physical activity · Must be familiar and comfortable with POS systems · Must be able to stand on your feet for long periods of time, lift and move products, and use products as appropriate for demonstration · Weekends Required
Pay and Benefits · Hourly Pay Rate: $17.50 · Weekly Hours: 25-35+
Interested in one of the positions above? Fill out the form below!